Are you tired to search for the difference between HTTP and HTTPS? now no need to search more Because in this article I will provide you with all the information about this topic.
This is my first guest post on this site. so, I request you to read this article carefully.
In this article, I will tell you the information about HTTP and https and I will also tell you about what is the difference between HTTP and https. So, now let’s take a look.
Difference between HTTP and HTTPS
Whenever you visit any website on your browser then you might have noticed that before www there is either HTTP. And you might have noticed that some websites also have HTTPS.
Now the question arises that what are these both. And what role they play on a website. so, First, we take a look at HTTP.
What is HTTP?
What is HTTPS?
The full form of HTTPS is Hypertext transfer protocol secured. This is a modern protocol which has the same operation to transfer data on the internet. This is the upgraded version of HTTP.
The security procedure is at its peak level in this type of protocol so that’s why this is referred to as a secured protocol.
The websites which are using this protocol their link or URL starts like this “https://” and encryption is present in this protocol.
if you are on a website which is using “https”, Then your personal data will secure on those servers.
What is an SSL Certificate?
Very few people will know this that What is an SSL Certificate? so, let take a look at this.
SSL Certificate stands for Secure Sockets Layer Certificate. It is a certificate that uses for HTTPS. Almost 90% use this certificate for encrypting their servers.
In other words, the website which has SSL Certificate is always a secure website. Because the SSL certificate converts HTTP into HTTPS. And https is always a secure protocol.
SSL certificate is not a free certificate because we have to buy it. Any website that only has HTTP is required to buy an SSL certificate. Because of ranking or rejecting by search engines.
In other words, The search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo are preferred SSL Certificate, the website which is without SSL certificate, The search engine never them.
There are four types of SSL Certificates:-
- Normal SSL
- Positive SSL
- COMODO SSL
- Positive SSL Wildcards
it comes with a different price. so, If you are a blogger or you have a website then you should buy the SSL certificate.
Benefits of using HTTPS for Bloggers.
- There are some benefits for using HTTPS on the site for Blogger.
- if you use HTTPS then search engines prefer your website and they increase the site rank.
- it increases your daily visitors because clients don’t like HTTP nowadays for the reason of hackers hack their personal data. so, They also do not wait on your site for a second.
- your client never signup or registered on your website. because of their personal passwords and email or any other information.
What is the Difference between HTTP and HTTPS?
there is some basic difference between HTTP and HTTPS.
- The HTTP always start like this “HTTP://” and HTTPS Always start like this “https://”
- HTTP is an unsecured or unsafe protocol and HTTPS is a fully secured protocol
- The HTTP always work for application layer but, HTTPS work for the transport layer
- HTTP is Free for operating any website but HTTPS is not free for operating the site
- there is no requirement to insert HTTP in the website, but the SSL certificate is required to insert HTTPS in the website.
- HTTP uses port number 80, But HTTPS need to use port number 443.
- There is a lock sign before protocol for identifying HTTPS and there is a no sign to identifying HTTP.
So, Today I have talked about HTTP and HTTPS. I also talked about the difference between HTTP and HTTPS.
Now the Question is rises that which protocol is best and which very profitable for a blogger and a client.
HTTP is a protocol which is not secured, but HTTPS is a secure protocol so, you will always use HTTPS protocol.
And Users should never sign up or register on the HTTP protocol sites. Because they are unsecured websites. By this, your personal data can leak by hackers. so, always drive on HTTPS protocol sites by my experience.
if you like the article then give your review in the comment box and suggest us which type of article you want.